Search This Blog

Monday, August 21, 2023

Dreams

 So I was talking with God on my way to work today and he brought me to an awesome revelation. See, I was talking about a list of things that I am working toward--I want to foster, I want to own my own place to allow for said fostering, I want to help my friends out with theater, I want to publish a book or two that I'm working on, etc.--and I was bemoaning the fact that I just don't feel like there are enough hours in a day to do all the things I wish I could. "I have too many dreams!" I said, somewhat jokingly. And that's when he reminded me, "Remember that time when you didn't have any?" 

So for those of you who know me or have read previous posts where I talked about my struggle with depression you will know that there was a time a few years back when I got to a place there there was no dreaming. I didn't want anything. You could have said, "Trisha you can do anything you want, have anything you want--so what do you want?" and I honestly wouldn't have been able to give you an answer. There was nothing. So it probably now makes sense why I got a little emotional today. 

"I have dreams." I realized. Not just one or two. Not just tiny flickering's of "maybe one day I can..." but things I am actively pursuing and deeply want to see come to fruition. And I had to share how amazingly wonderful that is, so here I am, blogging about it! Isn't God so good? I think this is part of what it means that he has given us hope and a future; and I am SO grateful. I would rather have unfulfilled dreams than no dreams any day. Thank you God for dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment